About this Policy
Lion is committed to protecting the privacy of any personal information held about individuals in accordance with the applicable laws. “Personal information” is information about an identifiable individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, as defined by applicable law. Lion has implemented measures to comply with its obligations under the relevant Australian and New Zealand privacy laws.
This policy applies to Lion Pty Ltd (ABN 50 128 004 268) and its subsidiaries (“Lion” or “we” “us” or “our”), and describes the way that Lion collects, holds and discloses personal information about individuals. This policy forms part of our Terms and Conditions for use of this website and other websites operated by us, which you should also read.
Privacy statements in relation to our websites and in relation to calls received by our Consumer Enquiries line are also incorporated into this policy.
Why does Lion collect my personal information?
Lion collects and holds your personal information to allow it to perform its business functions. For example, Lion may collect your personal information to enable you to participate in a Lion promotion, for the uses listed below or to allow Lion to market its current and future products and services to you.
What personal information does Lion hold?
During the course of our business, we may collect personal information from you. If you are a customer of a Lion distributor, we may also collect information about you from the distributor.
The types of personal information Lion collects will depend on the nature of your dealings with Lion and may (but does not always) include:
- Your name;
- Date of birth;
- Personal and/or work contact details (including phone/fax number/email address, business name and authorised representative name and contact details, address);
- Your product preferences and purchase history;
- Any information about you which you provide through promotions, competitions or customer surveys; and/or
- Payment details (e.g. credit card number).
If necessary, Lion may also ask you to provide it with additional personal information from time to time, including when you call our Consumer Enquiries line.
What if you don’t provide Lion the personal information it requires?
If you can’t, or won’t, provide Lion with the personal information it reasonably requires, Lion may be unable to provide you with the information, goods or services you have requested.
How does Lion collect my personal information?
Lion tries to collect personal information directly from you. That collection generally occurs when you:
- Request information from, or have dealings directly with Lion or one of its related companies;
- Participate in a competition or trade promotion conducted by Lion or one of its related companies;
- Participate in a survey conducted by Lion or one of its related companies;
- Purchase tickets or merchandise from a website operated by Lion or one of its related companies;
- Access or request information from Lion’s website or the website of one of its related companies; or
- Provide information to Lion’s customer service call centre.
In some circumstances however, Lion may also collect your personal information from other entities covered by this policy or third parties (including Lion distributors), but where it does so, it will ensure that it acts in accordance with relevant privacy laws.
Lion will such take steps as are reasonable in the circumstances (if any) to ensure that you are aware of the purposes for which it collects your personal information. Such notification may be from a Lion distributor where your information is collected (for disclosure to, or on behalf of, Lion) by such an entity.
How does Lion use my personal information?
Lion uses your personal information for the purpose for which it was collected, including (but not limited to):
- Providing you with the Lion goods or services you request;
- Promoting and marketing Lion’s current and future products and services (including to you);
- Informing you of upcoming events, special promotions and offers, discounts and other matters which Lion considers may be of interest to you;
- Conducting research (including but not limited to client surveys) concerning Lion’s current and future products or services;
- Administering, reviewing and optimising the performance of Lion’s distribution network (including allocating customers to distributors) and improving the effectiveness of any software used by the distribution network; and
- Improving the operation or navigation of Lion’s website.
Lion may also use your personal information for other purposes which are related to those listed above and which will be made clear to you at the time Lion collects that information, or for such purposes as may be required or permitted by law.
If Lion uses your personal information for direct marketing purposes, all correspondence sent to you by Lion will give you the opportunity to “opt out” of receiving any further direct marketing correspondence. If we use your personal information to send you any direct marketing communications, you have the right to request that we provide you with the source of that personal information. There is no fee for requesting this information. Unless it is impracticable or unreasonable to do so, we will provide you with the source of the personal information.
Lion Consumer Enquiries Privacy Statement
- Customer Service: Lion will use the personal information you provide during Calls to assist in answering your query or addressing your complaint. This may include using information you provide to contact you following the Call in response to your query or complaint.
- Quality: If your query or complaint relates to the quality of products or services provided by a Lion stockist or distributor then the personal information may be used to address that issue with the stockist or distributor in question. Generally, it will not be necessary to identify you when the complaint is raised with the stockist and distributor. If it is necessary, we will seek your consent first.
- Training: Lion may use the recording of the telephone conversation for internal training purposes.
- Verification: If you have a complaint in relation to the quality of Lion products then Lion may retain the recording of the telephone conversation for verification purposes. Lion may also disclose the recording to third parties, including its professional advisors, in order to address the complaint or any action you may take in relation to the complaint.
Will Lion give your personal information to anyone else?
In providing you the information, goods or services you request, Lion may be required to disclose your personal information to:
- Lion’s related companies;
- Lion’s consultants, contractors and service providers performing services including (but not limited to) promotions agencies, advertising agencies, legal and accounting services, credit reporting, mail-house, transport, prize providers, marketing, data analysis and processing and printing services; and/or Lion distributors,
which may operate or hold data in Australia or in overseas countries which may include (but are not limited to) New Zealand, the United States of America and Japan. If Lion provides your personal information to such a party, Lion generally requires the third party to protect your personal information in the same way Lion does. Please note that Australian law may not apply to some of these entities.
Lion may also disclose your personal information to other third parties where it is required or permitted to under any applicable law.
Is my personal information secure?
Lion takes reasonable steps to ensure personal information it holds about you is protected from risks such as misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, use, destruction, modification or disclosure.
No data transmission over the internet is totally secure. As a result, any personal information you send to Lion over the Internet (including via email) is sent at your own risk.
Your rights of access and correction
The accuracy of your personal information is important. Lion takes reasonable steps to ensure personal information it holds about you is accurate, complete, up-to-date, relevant and not misleading. If you believe that any personal information Lion holds about you is incorrect, please contact us on 1800 677 852 or email@example.com.
You have a general right to access the personal information Lion holds about you. You may contact our Consumer Enquiries line on 1800 677 852 or firstname.lastname@example.org to request details of your personal information. Lion can deny your request in some circumstances and if it does so, will provide you with written reasons for that denial. We will take reasonable steps to give access in a way that meets both Lion’s needs and your needs.
While there is no fee for requesting access to the personal information Lion holds about you, Lion reserves the right to charge a reasonable fee for the preparation and provision of that information to you.
You also have the right to request the correction of personal information which Lion holds about you. You may do so at any time by contacting our Consumer Enquiries line on 1800 677 852 or email@example.com. Lion does however reserve the right to refuse to correct your information in some circumstances. If Lion refuses to correct any personal information about you, and subsequent agreement cannot be reached between the parties on this issue, you may request that a note or statement regarding the correction requested be attached to your personal information. We will not charge you a fee for requesting a correction to your personal information, correcting that information or for attaching a statement to your personal information (as relevant).
Even if you don’t submit such a request, if we are satisfied that, having regard to the reasons for which we hold your personal information, that personal information is inaccurate, incomplete, out-of-date, irrelevant or misleading, we may take reasonable steps to correct that information.
How do I obtain more information or lodge a privacy complaint?
- Have any concerns or a complaint regarding Lion’s privacy practices or its management of your personal information; or
- Consider that we have breached the APPs,
please contact our Consumer Enquiries line on 1800 677 852 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We acknowledge and take very seriously every privacy query and complaint that we receive. Lion will endeavour to respond to you within 20 business days.
If you’re not satisfied with how we have handled your matter, you may wish to contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner via the contact details listed at http://www.oaic.gov.au/about-us/contact-us-page.