White Rabbit named Best Beer in Australia
Friday 19th May - in a competition that attracts more than 1,700 entries from over 320 breweries in 36 countries, White Rabbit White Ale has been named Champion Australian Beer and Best Wheat Beer (receiving a Gold medal) at the Australian International Beer Awards.
Conducted by The Royal Agricultural Society of Victoria Limited (RASV), the Australian International Beer Awards (AIBA) is the oldest and most respected beer competition in Australia and the largest annual beer competition in the world judging both draught and packaged beer. All beers are blind taste tested from a diverse panel of experts.
With love and demand for White Rabbit beers increasing, the Brewery was relocated from its previous home in Healesville to the Little Creatures Village in Geelong 16 months ago, and now features a Barrel Hall that enables the brewing team at White Rabbit to take a modern twist on the traditional way of making beer in barrels.
Jeremy Halse, Head Brewer at White Rabbit said: “We’re really proud to have achieved this result for White Rabbit. To be named the best beer in Australia is just fantastic and only proves that we’re doing good things at our brewery in Geelong.”
“The team of brewers at White Rabbit work exceptionally hard to not only introduce new beers throughout the year but to carefully and consistently brew our favourites that are loved by beer drinkers right around the country. White Rabbit White Ale is a great example of that,” said Halse.
Taking its cues from the Belgian brewers of old, White Rabbit White Ale is a delicate mix of experience and imagination. A classic, cloudy white ale, the beer also delivers fresh hints of coriander, juniper berry and bitter orange.
Other White Rabbit beers to take home medals at this year’s AIBA include White Rabbit Pale Ale (Bronze) and White Rabbit Dark Ale (Bronze).
Halse said the results are recognition of the amazing team of brewers behind all the medal winning beers.
“It doesn’t matter how you are defined as a brewer. Great beers will always be great beers,” said Halse.
Australian International Beer Awards - Full Results 2017, Lion
2017 Champion Trophy Winners
- Champion Australian Beer – White Rabbit White Ale
Best Australian-Style Lager
- James Boag’s Premium Lager– Silver
- James Boag’s Draught– Silver
- Swan Draught– Silver
- West End Draught – Bronze
Best International Lager - American Style Lager
- Tooheys Extra Dry– Bronze
Best International Lager – Low Carbohydrate Lager
- Heineken 3lia – Gold
- XXXX Summer Bright Lager – Bronze
- Hahn Super Dry 3.5 – Bronze
- Hahn Super Dry - Bronze
Best Pilsner – German Style Pilsner
- Little Creatures Pilsner – Bronze
Best Pilsner - Bohemian Style Pilsner
- James Squire ‘Four Wives’ Pilsner – Silver
Best New World-Style Pale Ale
- White Rabbit Pale Ale – Bronze
Best British-Style Ale – English Summer
- James Squire The Swindler Summer Ale – Silver
Best IPA – Other IPA
- Malt Shovel Brewers Interceptor Black IPA – Bronze
Best Amber / Dark Ale – American Style Red
- James Boag’s Epicurean Red Ale – Bronze
Best Amber / Dark Ale – English Style Brown Ale
- James Squire Nine Tales Amber Ale – Bronze
Best Amber / Dark Ale – American Style Brown Ale
- White Rabbit Dark Ale - Bronze
Best Porter – Regular / Brown Porter
- James Squire Jack of Spades Porte r– Gold
Best Reduced / Low Alcohol – Reduced Alcohol Ale
- XXXX Gold Australian Pale Ale – Bronze
Best Reduced / Low Alcohol – Reduced Alcohol Lager
- James Boag’s Premium Light – Bronze
- Hahn Premium Light – Bronze
Best Wheat Beer – Belgian Wit
- White Rabbit White Ale – Gold
Best Specialty Beer – Fruit
- XXXX Summer Bright Lager with Mango – Bronze
Best Specialty Beer – Other Specialty Beer
- Bold One, Draught, Byron Bay Brewery – Silver
For further information, contact Baden Parker-Brown:
T: +61 2 8297 1512 | M: +61 406 001 668 | email@example.com